Thursday, March 20, 2014

My experience with the Photo Essay

My experience with this photo essay is so-so. I don't mind having to take pictures and include pictures in my essay, but the thing that gets me how do we connect our photos that we took with your argument. I had a hard time getting pictures because I picked a topic in which it was hard to take the photos myself. If we could have put photos from the internet into the essay it would have been a little bit easier. Also, I think that this paper is long. I know were in college but eight to ten pages! I wish I would have been told that we were going to have to take the pictures ourselves cause if I was told that before hand I wouldn't have picked this topic. But I do like how we can add in pictures. I never did a photo essay before so I'm new to it but so far it is okay. In this essay connecting the photos and my argument was a struggle for me. In the beginning I thought I was going to do one argument and I had no idea how I was going to get information to support that argument, but when I was researching the topic, I changed my argument completely. While I was writing my essay, I am struggling to find a lot of information that isn't the same thing but stated differently. It's hard trying to find a lot of information for such a long essay and now I have to make that information connect with my photos. I was told to pick a topic that I was interested in. I picked that topic but now since I had to take pictures that I couldn't take pictures of I don't like this topic. But once I started writing my paper it wasn't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment